what you need
- 1 pound frozen large peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 2 oranges, peeled and chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it generously. Add the shrimp and cook until pink and opaque throughout, about 5 minutes. Drain well and rinse under cold running water until cool.
- Into a large bowl, zest the lime and squeeze the juice. Whisk in the oil, chili flakes, and a pinch of salt. Add the shrimp, oranges, and avocado and gently fold together. Spoon over the rice.