Ore-Ida loaded potato soup
what you need
- 1 package Ore-Ida Steam n’ Mash Cut Russet Potatoes
- 2 cups Classico Creamy Alfredo Pasta Sauce
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian-style seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon crumbles
- Microwave potatoes according to package instructions and set aside.
- Do not mash.
- In the medium saucepan over medium heat, combine pasta sauce, broccoli, milk, seasoning blend and garlic.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in hot potatoes and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring gently. Divide soup between 6 bowls, and sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Garnish with chopped green onions if desired.