Ore-Ida shepherds pie
what you need
- 1 Package Ore-Ida Steam n' Mash Cut Russet Potatoes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 1/4 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- Microwave Steam n' Mash Cut Russet Potatoes according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef, onion, butter and garlic in a large skillet.
- Drain excess fat. Combine spices, Worcestershire, cornstarch and beef broth in a separate bowl.
- Pour liquid over meat and simmer over medium heat until rich and bubbly.
- Pour the meat into a casserole dish, top with prepared mashed potatoes.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top and bake at 350° F until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes.