peanut butter & banana em-pie-nadas
what you need
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter, preferably Peanut Butter & Co’s White Chocolate Wonderful
- 1 small ripe banana, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 teaspoons shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 ready-to-roll pie crust (Pillsbury) *Available in most Target stores where fresh groceries are sold
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a 4-inch round cookie cutter to cut 6 circles from the pie crust. Reserve the scraps for another use. Dollop 1 tablespoon peanut butter on one side of a round, then top with 1 teaspoon chopped banana and 1 teaspoon coconut. Fold the dough over the filling to form a half moon and press the edges to seal. Decoratively crimp the edges, then cut 2 small slits on top. Repeat with the remaining dough and fillings. (You may have some leftover banana.)
- Transfer to the baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart. Brush the beaten egg on the tops. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool completely.