pecan praline sweet potatoes
what you need
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup maple granola
- 1 cup pecan chips
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with 3 tablespoons butter on a half sheet pan and arrange in a single layer. Sprinkle with the cinnamon, nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Roast until tender and lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the granola, pecans, remaining tablespoon butter, and a pinch of salt. Sprinkle over the sweet potatoes and gently press on top. Continue baking until the topping is browned, about 10 minutes.