pomegranate pear sundaes
what you need
- 2 cups unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 ripe but firm Bosc pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 8 scoops Market Pantry Vanilla Ice Cream
- In a large saucepan, bring juice, sugar, cinnamon sticks and cloves to a boil. Add pears and reduce heat to simmer until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer pears to a serving dish and boil pomegranate juice until syrupy and reduced to 1/2 cup, about 10 minutes. Discard spices; let syrup cool slightly.
- Arrange 1 pear half and 1 ice cream scoop in each serving dish. Drizzle syrup on top and serve immediately.
The pears and syrup can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 days before serving with ice cream.