ready set chowder
what you need
- 3 medium carrots, 1 left whole, 2 chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped Hillshire Farms Beef Sausage Rope
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (15 ounces) chicken broth
- 3 cups frozen Ore-Ida Tater Tots
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil leaves, coarsely torn
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel carrots in long, thin shavings. Place in ice water and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sausage and chopped carrots and cook until soft and lightly browned. Add flour, stirring constantly to remove lumps, about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in the broth, and stir in tater tots, corn and milk, then bring to a simmer until thickened. Season with salt and pepper and top with basil and carrot curls.