Red Hots popcorn
what you need
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (6 ounce) package Brach's Red Hots Candy Canes, unwrapped
- Few drops red food coloring, if desired
- Place popcorn in large bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in large saucepan. Cook and stir on low until candy canes are completely melted, about 10 minutes. Pour over popcorn; toss to coat.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 300°F. Spray a large baking pan. Spread popcorn mixture on pan. Bake 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.