what you need
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 ounces) Jet-Puffed Marshmallows or 4 cups Jet-Puffed Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Food coloring
- 12 regular pretzel twists
- 12 green M&M’S Brand Chocolate Candies
- 24 brown M&M’S Brand Chocolate Candies
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Kellogg's Rice Krispies. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Using cookie cutters coated with cooking spray cut twelve 2 1/2-inch circles and twelve 1 1/2-inch circles. Frost the tops of the 1 1/2-inch circles.
- For each reindeer use frosting to attach one 1 1/2-inch circle, frosting side up, to each 2 1/2-inch circle. Use scraps of the cereal mixture to shape into twenty-four ears. Use frosting to attach ears to each reindeer. Break pretzel twists into pieces. Push two pretzel pieces into each for antlers. Decorate with frosting and M&M’S Brand Chocolate Candies. Best if served the same day.
- Microwave Directions: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on high for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.