salty-sweet log cabin
what you need
- 2 1/2 cups peanut butter and milk chocolate morsels
- 16 pretzel rods
- 3 whole graham cracker rectangles
- 36 frosted shredded wheat cereal
- 3 salted crackers
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, microwave morsels 30 seconds, then stir. Repeat until mixture is just melted and smooth. Transfer to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag and snip a small hole in one corner.
- Pipe mixture all over one long side of an 8x4-inch loaf pan set on your serving dish.
- Pipe onto 1 pretzel rod and press, coated side down, onto bottom of coated long side of pan. Pipe more on top of rod and stick another rod on top. Repeat to cover that side of pan. Repeat on other long side. Break remaining pretzel rods in half and repeat to cover short sides of pan. Refrigerate until set.
- Pipe a thick line on top edges of long sides of pan. Press 1 graham cracker on each side so they meet in the middle to form a peaked roof. Pipe a thick line where crackers meet. Break remaining graham cracker in half and repeat to complete roof. Refrigerate until set.
- Pipe all over graham crackers. Gently press cereal onto “roof” to resemble snowy shingles. Cut salted crackers into door and window shapes. Pipe all over flat sides and press into Place. Pipe all over serving dish around house and gently press coconut all around to resemble fallen snow. Refrigerate until set. Pull apart to eat.