what you need
- 1 pre-made 9-inch pie crust
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Premium Pork Jimmy Dean Sausage
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 cup thinly sliced cremini mushrooms
- 6 asparagus stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Simply Balanced Eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven according to package directions. Prick pie crust all over with a fork, place on a baking sheet and bake until crust is set and lightly browned, 12-15 minutes. Let cool while you make filling.
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and add sausage, scallions and mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, until sausage is cooked, about 10 minutes. Add asparagus and cook 5 minutes more. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs, half and half, Parmesan, and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread sausage mixture over bottom of pie plate and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Open oven, pull out middle rack, set baking sheet on rack and pour egg mixture over (there may be a few tablespoons leftover). Push rack in and bake until filling is set, 30-35 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before slicing.