slow cooker arroz con pollo
what you need
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon, dissolved in 2 cups warm water
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves or tenders, cut into 1-inch-thick strips
- Place rice and oil in 5-quart slow cooker stir until all the rice is coated in oil. Add onion, garlic, bell pepper, chili powder, bouillon mixture and diced tomatoes stir to combine.
- Arrange the chicken pieces evenly in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 5 to 6 hours or until chicken is tender. Stir in peas and olives about 15 minutes before serving.