smoky sweet chili drumsticks
what you need
- 1/3 cup Thai chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 5 to 8 (24 ounces) Gold’n Plump Chicken Drumsticks
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Mix chili sauce, soy, honey and sesame oil in small bowl; reserve half of sauce to serve with cooked chicken. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on grill; cover. Cook about 25 minutes, turning once or twice, until no longer pink near bone. Begin brushing remaining sauce on chicken during last 15 minutes of grilling.
- Serve chicken sprinkled with onions and reserved sauce.
There is enough salty-sweet sauce for both brushing and dipping smoky grilled drumsticks. If you’ve got a crowd, add some bone-in chicken thighs and use all the sauce as a barbecue glaze.