smothered spinach pork chops
what you need
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) package boneless thick pork center-cut chops
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) packages sliced baby bella (crimini) mushrooms
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) bag baby spinach
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper all over pork chops and add to pan. Cook, turning once, until browned, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion, mushrooms and a pinch each of salt and pepper to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 6 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- Continue stirring while adding broth in a slow, steady stream. Bring to a boil, then simmer, scraping browned bits from pan until the consistency of gravy, about 5 minutes. Stir in Worcestershire sauce.
- Return pork chops to pan and simmer until pork is no longer pink in center, about 5 minutes. Transfer pork to serving dishes. Stir spinach into sauce until just wilted, about 1 minute. Nestle pork into sauce and serve.