southern-style grilled franks
what you need
- PAM Grilling cooking spray
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Gulden's spicy brown mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli cole slaw
- 1 package (12 ounces) Hebrew National jumbo beef franks, patted dry
- 4 brat buns
- 1/4 cup Hunt's original barbecue sauce, divided
- Spray clean, cold grill and utensils with grilling spray. Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, pepper, salt, mustard, and celery seed in medium bowl. Add broccoli cole slaw and toss to combine; cover and set aside.
- Grill franks 5-10 minutes or until they are browned and heated through, turning frequently. Toast inside of buns to golden brown.
- Top each frank evenly with 1 tablespoon of barbecue sauce, then 1/3 cup broccoli cole slaw. Serve immediately. Leftover cole slaw may be Served on side or with another meal.