frosted spring flower cookie balls
what you need
- 1 pouch (17.5 ounces) BETTY CROCKER Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 bag (6 ounces) REESE'S Minis Peanut Butter Cups, CADBURY Mini Eggs, and other assorted HERSHEY'S or REESE'S Candies
- 1 can (16 ounces) BETTY CROCKER Rich and Creamy Vanilla Frosting
- Heat oven to 375°F. Stir flour into cookie Mix in medium bowl. Add butter and egg, stirring until soft dough forms.
- Roll dough on floured surface until 1/4 inch thick. Cut with 4-inch circle or flower shaped cookie cutters. Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake to minutes or until edges of cookies are light brown. Cool minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Place wax paper under wire rack and remove wrappers from any candies that have wrappers.
- Spoon 2/3 cup frosting into microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at high 30 seconds; stir.
- If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until frosting is thin enough to drizzle. Spread glaze over top of each cookie. (Heat additional frosting if necessary.) Before glaze sets place candies in glaze to form flower petals and stems. Allow glaze to harden. Use knife to trim excess glaze from edges of cookies.