what you need
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 to 4 (about 10 ounces total) prepared savory beef or chicken tamales, cut into bite-size pieces
- 5 large eggs
- 2/3 cup (5-ounce can) Nestlé Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Green tomatillo salsa, warmed
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add tamale pieces; cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Beat eggs and evaporated milk in large bowl until blended. Add to skillet; cover. Cook over medium-low heat 6 to 8 minutes or until center is set.
- Top with cheese; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve topped with salsa.
If you’d like your cheese broiled instead of melted, place cooked frittata in an oven-safe skillet under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes or until speckled brown. This frittata can also be made with any leftovers you have: cooked, thinly sliced beef or chicken, cooked corn kernels, cooked zucchini cubes, spinach.
If you like a crispier texture, place cooked frittata in an oven-safe skillet under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes.