tasty table lights
what you need
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 18 ounce roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1½ cups prepared vanilla frosting
- 3 cups M&M’S Brand Minis Chocolate Candies
- 4 strands red licorice laces
- Resealable plastic bags
- Drinking straw
- Christmas light shaped cookie cutter (small)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Knead the flour into the cookie dough until smooth.
- Roll the dough out to 1/4-inch thickness. By hand, or using a Christmas light cookie cutter, cut out shapes.
- With a spatula, gently transfer the cookies to a baking sheet. Using a drinking straw, press a hole at the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Separate different colors of M&M’S Brand Minis Chocolate Candies, and set aside.
- Spread vanilla frosting on top of each cookie. Arrange a solid color of M&M’S Brand Minis Chocolate Candies on top of each cookie.
- Let the cookies dry for 30 minutes. Run licorice laces through each hole, connecting the cookies into one continuous strand.
Tip for a quicker and lighter version: Tint frosting to match the M&M'S Brand Minis Chocolate Candies. Frost the cookies and then decorate with color coordinated M&M'S Brand Minis Chocolate Candies.