three-berry hand pies/turnovers
what you need
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup Market Pantry® Raspberry Jam
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package ready-to-unroll refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the blueberries, blackberries, and jam.
- Unroll the pie crusts and trim the edges to form two 8-inch squares; reserve the trimmings for another use. Cut each square in quarters to form eight 4-inch squares. Place on the prepared pan.
- Spoon a line (scant 1/4 cup) berry filling on one side of a square, leaving a 1/2-inch rim. Brush the rim with the egg. Fold the dough over to enclose the filling and form a rectangle. Pinch the edges together, then seal the edges with a fork. Repeat with the remaining squares and filling.
- Cut 3 slits in the top of each pie. Brush the tops with the egg and sprinkle with the sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes. The berry filling may bubble out. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.