- Total Time 20m
- 3 cups chicken, beef, or vegetable broth
- 1 Roma tomato, halved, or about 1/2 cup chopped
- 1 carrot, halved, or about 1/2 cup chopped
- 1 rib celery, halved, or about 1/3 cup chopped
- 1 thin slice onion, peeled, or approximately 1 tablespoon chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 thin slice yellow squash
- 1 thin slice red bell pepper
- 1 thin slice cabbage
- 1 mushroom
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Dash ground cumin
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Optional Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno
- 1/4 cup olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup canned corn, unsalted
- 2 ounces tortilla chips
Place broth, tomato, carrot, celery, onion, garlic, squash, bell pepper, cabbage, mushroom and seasonings into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
Select Soup program or lowest speed.
Turn machine on and let it complete programmed cycle or process on highest speed for 5 to 6 minutes or until steam escapes from vented lid.
If adding optional ingredients, reduce speed to Variable 2 or Low speed.
Remove lid plug.
Drop in chicken, jalapenos, olives, corn and chips.
Blend an additional 5 to 10 seconds.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Vitamix. All rights reserved.