what you need
- 3 cups chicken, beef, or vegetable broth
- 1 Roma tomato, halved, or about 1/2 cup chopped
- 1 carrot, halved, or about 1/2 cup chopped
- 1 rib celery, halved, or about 1/3 cup chopped
- 1 thin slice onion, peeled, or approximately 1 tablespoon chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 thin slice yellow squash
- 1 thin slice red bell pepper
- 1 thin slice cabbage
- 1 mushroom
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Dash ground cumin
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Optional Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 fresh jalapeño
- 1/4 cup olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup canned corn, unsalted
- 2 ounces tortilla chips
- Place broth, tomato, carrot, celery, onion, garlic, squash, bell pepper, cabbage, mushroom and seasonings into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Soup program or lowest speed.
- Turn machine on and let it complete programmed cycle or process on highest speed for 5 to 6 minutes or until steam escapes from vented lid.
- If adding optional ingredients, reduce speed to Variable 2 or Low speed.
- Remove lid plug.
- Drop in chicken, jalapeños, olives, corn and chips.
- Blend an additional 5 to 10 seconds.