zucchini frittata with tomato onion sauce
what you need
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Hunt's Diced Tomatoes with Sweet Onion, undrained
- 1 teaspoon Gulden's Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- PAM Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped zucchini
- 1 cup finely chopped white button mushrooms
- 1 (16 ounce) carton Egg Beaters Original
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Combine undrained tomatoes, mustard and honey in medium saucepan. Place over medium-high heat; cook 10 minutes or until thickened and most of juice has cooked away, stirring several times.
- Spray shallow 10-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and mushrooms; cook 5 minutes or until starting to brown on edges, stirring several times. Reduce heat to medium-low; pour Egg Beaters over vegetables. Cover skillet. After 6 minutes, lift edge of frittata with spatula and tilt skillet to allow Egg Beaters to flow underneath several times. Cover; continue cooking 4 minutes or until set.
- Stir green onions into tomato sauce. Cut frittata into 4 wedges. Top each wedge with tomato sauce.
By covering the skillet after adding the Egg Beaters, one can save energy and eliminate the need to finish the frittata under the broiler. Use a piece of foil as a cover if the skillet has no lid.