Target Wireless Service Privacy Notice
At Target we want you to know how we collect, use, share and protect information about you.
What Information is Collected?
We automatically collect information about your use of the Service, including:
- Utilization data – e.g. # of users of Service by Store
- Session data – e.g. date and time device entered store, length of session
- Type of device – e.g. iPhone, Blackberry
- Browser data – e.g. browser version, IP address
- Store data – e.g. address of store where device is used
- Use of Target services – e.g. mobile coupons redeemed
- Device data – e.g. Device ID number, MAC address
- Web sites and pages visited – e.g. target.com, google.com
How is this Information Used?
Ways we use the information we collect include:
- Internal Operations – e.g., enhancing the effectiveness of the Service, analyzing how the Service is used, and improving our stores and mobile experience
- Legal Compliance – e.g., assist law enforcement and respond to legal/regulatory inquiries
- Marketing – e.g., banner ads, mobile coupons
How is this Information Shared?
Target Subsidiaries and Affiliates
We share the information we collect within Target Corporation, which includes all Target subsidiaries and affiliates. Target Corporation may use this information to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you.
Target Corporation owns and operates Target Stores, websites, mobile applications, and issues the Target Debit Card. Target Corporation subsidiaries and affiliates include, but are not limited to: Retail Activation Services LLC (Consensus Corporation), TCC Cooking Co. (Cooking.com and Chef’s Catalog) and Dermstore LLC.
We may share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as a mobile marketing provider) or that help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about your use of the Service in order to perform their functions.
Sharing with Other Companies (for their marketing purposes)
We may share information with vendors, business partners and other organizations which are not part of the Target family. These companies and organizations may use the information we share to provide special offers and opportunities to you.
Sharing Aggregate Information with Third Parties
We may share aggregate information (information that does not directly identify an individual) with third parties for lawful purposes.
How is this Information Protected?
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your information.
Information about Children
We recognize the particular importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. We are committed to protecting children’s privacy. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from children under the age of 13. If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information online, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us at 800-440-0680.
How Do You Contact Target?
Target Stores, Target Executive Offices
P.O. Box 9350
Minneapolis, MN 55440
Last Update: 9/3/15
- Added Retail Activation Services LLC as an affiliate. Removed Target Bank, Target Canada, and Target Commercial Interiors as affiliates. Added additional examples of information collected.