- Our family has gotten in the habit of having snacks and appetizers for dinner once a week, and I don’t mind it one bit!
My kids love when I announce it’s “snack night!!” for dinner, because it means we all get to graze on our favorite flavors throughout the evening.
In Spain, light bites have been made into an art from tapas. Thankfully, this is a tradition that embraces simplicity—set out small bowls of Good & Gather olives, marinated peppers, and charcuterie; add a salad and grilled shrimp to the mix, and dinner is served.
Here’s What’s on Our Spanish-Inspired Menu
Blistered Mini Bell Peppers
The easiest appetizer on the planet:
- Toss Good & Gather Sweet Mini Bell Peppers with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Grill until charred on all sides.
- Transfer to a serving dish, then top with a little flaky salt and eat!
If you want to take them up a notch, serve with an easy aioli made by stirring together mayo, a little sriracha, chopped garlic, and salt.
Citrus Summer Salad with Oranges, Avocado, & Green Goddess Dressing
If you still think of salads as boring, it’s time for a fresh take. When done right, summer salads are bursting with flavor and downright addictive. The key is using in-season ingredients.
- When you combine balanced flavors, interesting textures, and brilliant color, it’s a formula for swoon-worthy salads all summer long.
This fresh romaine is the perfect foil for sweet oranges and creamy avocados. A sprinkle of pistachios and sliced red onion adds crunch and color, and Good & Gather’s Green Goddess Dressing is a fave: a creamy blend of tarragon, parsley and chives is good on just about every salad you can dream up. Just add it all to a bowl and toss together with dressing right before serving.
An extra sprinkle of chopped pistachios and a few mint sprigs make it look as delicious as it tastes.
Salami, Cheese, TomatoSpread, & Basil for Pinchos
A pincho (pintxo or pinchu) is a traditional, northern Spain snack popular in the Basque country. Ingredients are typically stacked and skewered with toothpicks.
For these, I’ve layered simple ingredients—baguette slices, salami, cheese, a sweet tomato spread, and fresh basil—and it’s a perfect example of the result being so much greater than the sum of its parts.
It’s truly a perfect bite.
Salted Pistachios &Marinated Olives
Marinating olives is such a simple way to dress up store-bought olives and make them feel party-worthy. And it’s so simple! A couple hours before serving, transfer drained olives to a mason jar with olive oil, a splash of white wine vinegar, crushed garlic, orange zest, and thyme. They’ll be infused with flavor and so pretty.
Good & Gather Salted Pistachios don’t need a thing—they’re a ready-to-go snack that looks so pretty on the table.
Gambas al Ajillo(Shrimp with Garlic & Chili)
My version is a twist on the classic tapas dish:
- 30 minutes before cooking, I marinated Jumbo Tail On Peeled & Deveined Shrimp (thawed from frozen) in extra-virgin olive oil, minced garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Heat your grill to medium-high, remove from marinade, and grill shrimp for 2 minutes per side.
- Remove, drizzle with a little more olive oil, then sprinkle with chopped basil and lemon zest. Eat!
Mix Up a Pitcher of Sangria
- One of my favorite drinks to mix up is a pitcher of sangria. It’s so refreshing and looks really pretty in a glass pitcher, garnished with lots of fresh fruit and herbs.
Here’s how I made this one. A couple hours before party time, add these ingredients to a pitcher:
- 2 cups grapefruit juice
- 2 cups frozen Good & Gather Peaches
- 1 cup frozen Good & Gather Raspberries
The frozen fruit makes this incredibly easy and helps hold its shape (making it even prettier).
When ready to serve, add 1 bottle Collection Prosecco and pour over ice!
- In addition to sangria, I set out a few different types of Good & Gather Sparkling Waters (the Cucumber Mint and Ginger Peach are faves). It’s a festive way to keep everyone hydrated and happy.
- Menu is set. Time to set the scene ›