- Sure, the end of summer is always a bit sad, but we are ready to cozy up for fall with the Threshold collection that just launched. It’s all about warmth, clutter-free comfort and setting up your home to create more analog moments.
- It’s time to cozy up, hunker down and add some fall decor pieces—which might involve a pumpkin or nine, depending on your pumpkin level (I’m a 2 :)).
Focus on comfort
- The color of this chair is perfect, the velvet is soft and looks luxurious and the wooden arms are a perfect complement to most sofas. Also the SCALE—large enough for roomy comfort, but not huge. I’m not interested in the chair that everyone secretly avoids sitting in.
- The dining table has a simple and modern design that can work in so many different styles of homes, but certainly has a fresh look.
The dining chairs and table are also EXCELLENT. The chairs feel solid and yet the leather has some stretch so they are totally comfortable.
Again, their scale is very good—minimal in design, but large enough to be comfortable.
- The vase is also excellent with a lot of texture but such a simple shape.
Get smart about storage
Controlling the clutter
You know how I feel about clutter these days, and yet our lives require us to have some things, and many of us want to display our prettier pieces. Vertical bookcases and hutches take up less space than horizontal. These wooden shelves are so pretty and look very high-end (yet they’re affordable). When combined with pretty canvas and leather bins, they still hide what you want to hide (toys, remotes, etc) while looking nice in your space.
This black metal hutch is super chic and modern, but the shape and style are certainly classic.
With the half-closed storage, it’s perfect for hiding things like extra candles or linens for entertaining.
- This new media cabinet is so versatile. It can even go behind a sofa facing out, acting as a sofa table for lamps and extra storage for records or board games.
- This basket is SO SMART. You can transform it from low and wide to tall and deep with a quick little latch change— and I very rarely freak out about baskets.
Add warmth with fall accents
- Warm, caramel-y tones and textures can be year-round (or you can store them for fall if you’re a seasonal decorator). And some decor is distinctly fall, like pumpkins.
- You know I love a broken stripe pillow and that one would work in every single room in my house. All I’d need is that beautiful rust-toned velvet pillow on our sofa to go from summer to fall (because, yes I am a seasonal decorator, which shouldn’t be shocking).
- Add branches and pumpkins, and there you go—fall done simply and affordably.
- How good is that bench??? It looks so high end and the mix of textures (linen, wood, and leather) makes it definitely look special. The basket vase holds dried branches and those two pumpkins are my favorites.
Create a cozy bedroom
- While you may not put pumpkins in your bedroom, warm textiles can certainly help the transition to winter.
- We threw that beautiful rust-toned quilt over a simple wood headboard and it looks totally upholstered (with mini-channel vertical tufting!). We layered all the textures—faux-fur blanket, velvet bolster and stitched longer pillow to make it look super tied together, warm but not fussy at all. We are huge fans of less decorative pillows — just a long one or two.
The mirror is EXCELLENT. It’s oversized, which makes it a more substantial piece. It can be hung or leaned and would be great in almost any room.
It has really pretty curved wood that is thin and delicate, making it look really high end.
- I love how the faux dried flowers over the mirror add character and style.
Gather and entertain
This fall there will be more gatherings, but most of these pieces are totally year-round.
Those heavy pottery plates look totally hand thrown—And aren’t these the cutest little French onion soup containers?
- Board games and listening to records have increased and become quite the joy for us all.
- There you are, folks. The Fall Target Launch. It’s full of great pieces for adding comfort and ease to this season with extremely affordable prices. Everyone deserves to have an inviting and comfortable home, all year round. Great job Target, and happy fall, friends. xx
Extend the cozy vibes to your backyard.
Camille Styles has tips for turning your yard into the perfect fall gathering spot. ›