product description page
101 Careers in Psychology - by Tracey E. Ryan (Paperback)
about this item
This is an engaging and practical guide to the diverse careers in psychology that will be most in demand in the coming decade, along with guidance for students and recent psychology graduates on how to select a fulfilling career. The guide discusses careers requiring bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees, including careers often overlooked by psychology majors. Each career includes a basic description, educational requirements, core competencies and required skills, expected compensation and employment outlook (based on the US Department of Labor projections and other sources), and links to additional information sources.
The book also provides a comprehensive foundation for exploring careers in psychology, including information on subspecialty areas. It guides readers in evaluating personal strengths, values, and skills sets in regard to potential career options. Interviews and profiles of individuals who have created satisfying careers in a variety of psychology specialties further assist readers in their decisions. The guide also includes handy checklists and charts that provide salary and other relevant career data.
- Focuses on careers expected to be in greatest demand during the next decade
- Covers careers requiring bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees, including many careers often overlooked by psychology majors
- Formatted for ease of use and provides all relevant data for each career entry
- Includes interviews with individuals who have achieved successful careers with their psychology degrees
- Provides tools for evaluating personal strengths, values, and skills regarding potential career choices