Encourage an artistic spirit in children with 36 kid-friendly fine art projects in paper, clay, textiles, sculpture, and jewelry. Each project is inspired by the work of a prominent artist and is illustrated with step-by-step color photographs of the process as well as finished samples and variations.
Have fun exploring:
- paper by making paper bead figures from magazines, pipe cleaners, wooden beads, and other common supplies.
- clay by creating whimsical pinch pot birds.
- textiles by making a nature weaving with two branches, various items collected from nature, yarn, string, ribbon, and glue.
- sculpture by creating a little world featuring miniature plants, animals, and objects under a stemless wineglass.
- jewelry by making a modern cameo pin from tiny beads, cardstock, felt, pin, and glue.
Colorful photos illustrate how different people using the same lesson will yield different results, exemplifying the way the lesson brings out each artist's personal style
. On-site visitsto the studios of an established potter, metal smith, jeweler, and sculptor
illustrate first-hand accounts of their creative process.3D Art Lab for Kids
is the perfect book for creative families, friends, and community groups and works as lesson plans for both experienced and new art teachers. Children of all ages and experience levels can be guided by adults and will enjoy these engaging exercises.
The popular Lab for Kids series
features a growing list of books that share hands-on activities and projects on a wide host of topics
, including art, astronomy, clay, geology, math, and even how to create your own circus--all authored by established experts in their fields. Each lab contains a complete materials list
, clear step-by-step photographs
of the process, as well as finished samples
. The labs can be used as singular projects or as part of a yearlong curriculum of experiential learning. The activities are open-ended, designed to be explored over and over, often with different results. Geared toward being taught or guided by adults, they are enriching for a range of ages and skill levels. Gain firsthand knowledge on your favorite topic with Lab for Kids.