product description page
5 Gears : How to Be Present and Productive When There Is Never Enough Time (Hardcover) (Jeremie Kubicek)
About this item
5 Gears: How to Be Present and Productive When There's Never Enough Time teaches you to shift into the right gear at the right time so that you can grow in your relational intelligence and increase your influence. This revolutionary text introduces you to the five different gears, or mindsets, that carry you through various facets of your day. These include:
- First gear—when you fully rest and recharge
- Second gear—when you connect with family or friends without the involvement of work
- Third gear—when you are socializing
- Fourth gear—when you are working and multi-tasking
- Fifth gear—when you are fully focused and 'in the zone,' working without interruption
Using these gears consistently allows you to bring a new level of relational intelligence to your life that offers a competitive advantage in our task-driven world.
All too often people go through life without truly connecting—and can, as a result, miss out on experiences and relationships that have the power to bring them great joy. By understanding how the five gears presented in this engaging book work, you can improve your ability to connect with the world around you.
- Explore why some people stay disconnected from the people and events around them, and why others always seem to have a deep connection to their friends, family, and surroundings
- Learn how to set triggers and markers that help you shift into the right gears at the right time, which will increase your relational dynamics and make you more productive.
- Create positive change in the dynamics of your relationships
- Improve your respect and influence—and learn a sign language that, when used, can change your perspective and your world.
5 Gears: How to Be Present and Productive When There's Never Enough Time is the perfect resource for anyone who wants to live and lead connected.
Why do most people stay disconnected? And, why do some connect brilliantly? Get in Gear is meant to unleash people, to allow them to connect deeply and genuinely. It is meant to overwhelm them with piercing insights coupled with practical applications. The goal is to take a complex issue and make it simple enough for anyone to be able to change their behavior. Get in Gear positively affects the relational dynamics of those around us is through the use of powerful metaphor, relevant language, and actionable tools via 5 Gears. Everyone who reads it will come away speaking a new language, one that helps them connect deeper and more genuinely with anyone in any setting. And with these deeper connections comes deeper relationships and greater influence. Practical goodness and needed insight will change your world - at least in your family or team or just maybe within yourself!
The 5 Gears:
First gear represents full recharge, while second gear represents recharging or connecting with family or friends without the involvement of work. Third gear is our social gear, while fourth gear is our work gear that allows us to work hard while also multi-tasking. Fifth Gear is our full task mode that allows us to ?get in the zone? without interruption. Each gear has its own purpose and place. Once you learn to use the gears consistently with those in your life, you will notice the common language that begins to form, enabling objectivity to characterize your conversation instead of the subjective judgment or condescension that becomes pervasive when each person is speaking a different ?language.?