product description page
Accidental Sysadmin Handbook : A Primer for Early Level It Professionals (Paperback) (Eric Kralicek)
About this item
This handbook is designed to give new system administrators an understanding of concepts, processes and technologies that will aid in their professional development.
While every information technology culture is specific to its parent organization, there are commonalities and system patterns that apply to all organizations and information technology flow functions.
The Accidental SysAdmin Handbook, Second Edition looks at those commonalities and provides a general introduction to critical aspects associated with system administration. It further acts to provide definitions for common computer terms and acronyms.
What You'll Learn
- How to plan and implement a home network
- How to plan for a networked environment
- How to work with Network Layer Architectures, Network Service Architectures and Network Support Plans
- How to develop and implement a server hardware strategy
- What are the differences between physical and virtual server environments
- How to assess and work with data storage technologies and user data strategies
- How to handle directory services and central account management
- How to handle DNS, DHCP, IPv4 and IPv6
- How to deploy workstations and printers
- How to work with Antivirus and handle security management
- How to deploy Intranets and other Internet support services and more
It is assumed that the reader has little to no experience in a professional information technology environment.
Genre: Computers + Internet
Sub-Genre: Hardware / Network Hardware, Information Technology, Hardware / Handheld Computing
Publisher: Springer Verlag
Author: Eric Kralicek
Street Date: January 29, 2016
Item Number (DPCI): 248-12-5440
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.