About this item
Ed Hooks' indispensable acting guidebook for animators has been fully updated and improved!
Hooks uses basic acting theory to explain everything from character movement and facial expressions to interaction and scene construction. Just as acting on film and on stage are very different disciplines, so is the use of acting theory in creating an animated character, scene or story. Acting for Animators is full of essential craft tips from an acting master.
New to this fourth edition:
- an online database of Ed's previous film analyses, all in one place
- new scene-by-scene analyses of six films, including extended photo captions
- the Acting for Animators take on Virtual Reality and Performance Capture
- a chapter of advice for animators on recording visual reference videos
- an annotated breakdown of what Walt Disney knew about acting