product description page
Acute Leukemia : An Illustrated Guide to Diagnosis and Treatment (Hardcover)
about this item
This book addresses all aspects of AML and ALL including their risk factors, cytogenetics and mutational characteristics, diagnoses, clinical management and prognoses which are imperative and challenging for medical students, residents, hematology and medical oncology fellows, and even community oncologists and hematologists. It presents complex information relying predominantly on pictorial depictions rather than traditional text in a visually instructive format. It replaces the wordiness of a traditional textbook with original and adapted illustrations, instructive schemata and diagrams, photomicrographs, tables, detailed figure legends, and practical, ‘bite-sized’ text. The result is a visually engaging book that is easy to read, review, and remember.
Crafted by world experts in the field, this digestible volume provides you with the must-know information that you can utilize when encountering AML and ALL patients who require immediate attention. Whether you are an early-career practitioner looking for quick guidance to managing a deadly disease or you are a seasoned clinician looking for a quick review of treatment protocols, this engaging format provides a unique and ‘go-to’ resource.
- Contains over 40 tables and over 220 illustrations, histologic photomicrographs, flow diagrams, graphs, and schemata with detailed figure legends
- Presents complex scientific aspects such as cytogenetics and molecular mutations in a visually digestible and easy-to-understand format
- Provides helpful and evidence-based treatment recommendations when providing induction therapy, consolidation therapy, and bone marrow transplantation
- Includes unique chapters on managing psychosexual issues accompanying AML and ALL treatment as well as on the FDA drug development and clinical trial design process
- Includes digital access to the ebook as well as an online Image Bank