About this item
Better understand the realities of working in an actual dental office environment withStudent Workbook for The Administrative Dental Assistant, 4th Edition. Using a variety of practice exercises, case scenarios, critical thinking questions, and other engaging tools, this workbook helps you learn how to apply information from the main textbook and put it into practice. With this study tool, you'll also gain access toDentrix Learning Edition practice management software, which gives you valuable experience working in a realistic dental office environment as well as a more accurate understanding of the challenges that administrative dental assistants encounter on the job.
- Correlation with the textbook enables users to follow along at every step to ensure their comprehension before moving forward.
- Trusted author Linda Gaylor taps into her years of experience as a practicing dental assistant, an instructor of dental assisting, and a curriculum director to share all the necessary knowledge and skills required to be a successful administrative dental assistant.
- Dentrix Learning Edition practice management software and accompanying original exercises offer you practice using one of the most widely used programs in dental offices nationwide.
- Review questions, including multiple-choice, short-answer, essay, and fill-in-the-blank, offer you a myriad of opportunities for self-assessment and comprehension.
- What Would You Do? exercises encourage you to apply chapter knowledge to everyday office dilemmas.
- Puzzles offer a fun and interactive way to study vocabulary.
- Chapter overviews are provided at the outset of each workbook chapter to help recap the chapter content and set the stage for the workbook questions and exercises.
- NEW! Updated content reflects the main text's more complete incorporation of the move toward the paperless dental office and electronic health records (EHRs), specifically in areas such as scheduling, filing, bookkeeping, electronic record regulations, and insurance processing. HIPAA updates are also incorporated throughout.
- NEW! Updated questions, activities, and puzzles reflect the changes in content and further the focus on critical thinking and application.
- NEW! Semester project includes a series of relevant exercises that add up to a capstone project in which you will create office procedures and management for your own fictitious dental practice.
- NEW! Original practice exercises developed by the text author work in conjunction with theDentrix Learning Edition software to help you experience what it's like to work with dental practice management software.
- NEW! Appendix forms supplement the cases and exercises provided in various workbook chapters.