product description page
Adult Attachment : A Concise Introduction to Theory and Research (Paperback) (Omri Gillath & Gery C.
About this item
Adult Attachment: A Concise Introduction to Theory and Research is an easy-to-read and highly accessible reference on attachment that deals with many of the key concepts and topics studied within attachment theory. This book is comprised of a series of chapters framed by common questions that are typically asked by novices entering the field of attachment. The content of each chapter focuses on answering this overarching question.
Topics on the development of attachment are covered from different levels of analysis, including species, individual, and relationship levels, working models of attachment, attachment functions and hierarchies, attachment stability and change over time and across situations, relationship contexts, the cognitive underpinnings of attachment and its activation of enhancement via priming, the interplay between the attachment behavioral system and other behavioral systems, the effects of context on attachment, the contribution of physiology/neurology and genetics to attachment, the associations/differences between attachment and temperament, the conceptualization and measurement of attachment, and the association between attachment and psychopathology/therapy.
- Uses a question-and-answer format to address the most important topics within attachment theory
- Presents information in a simple, easy-to-understand way to ensure accessibility for novices in the field of attachment
- Covers the main concepts and issues that relate to attachment theory, thus ensuring readers develop a strong foundation in attachment theory that they can then apply to the study of relationships
- Addresses future directions in the field of attachment theory
- Concisely covers material, ensuring scholars and professionals can quickly get up-to-speed with the most recent research