product description page
Adult Hip + the Adult Hip - Hip Preservation Surgery : Arthroplasty and Its Alternatives (Paperback)
about this item
Overcome any clinical challenge in adult hip surgery withThe Adult Hip. In this monumental three-volume orthopaedics reference, a “who’s who” of preeminent authorities address every aspect of open and arthroscopic hip surgery, equipping you to effectively manage a full range of adult hip surgery patients and achieve optimal outcomes.“The Third Edition of The Adult Hip provides remarkable opportunities for the reader. A full volume on hip preservation surgery is the most comprehensive reference on the subject ever brought together. In the other two volumes the reader can pick and choose between well-organized foundational material on important topics such as the history of hip surgery, hip anatomy, operative approaches, biomechanics, biomaterials, hip pathology, and state-of-the-art material on today’s hottest topics such as hip exposures, taper corrosion, and the latest management of difficult challenges in primary and revision hip surgery. The new edition also covers new topics that have become increasingly important to hip surgeons in recent years: quality, outcomes measurements, cost and value.”– from the Foreword by Daniel J. Berry, MDKey Features:
- Apply all of the most recent scientific and clinical knowledge in the field, including the current understanding of metal ion creation and systemic distribution; the manufacture and modification of new materials and material combinations, including ceramics and plastics; the evaluation of patients with metal-on-metal articulations, as well as the latest concerns with head taper and dual taper corrosion; improvements in imaging technologies as well as other testing modalities; the increased popularity of tapered stems in primary and revision surgery; modern methods for diagnosing, preventing, and treating infection; and many other cutting-edge topics.
- Master the latest nuances of hip preservation surgery thanks to an entire brand-new volume that focuses on the basic science, clinical skills, anatomic details, and surgical techniques related to the painful hip in younger patients, reducing or postponing the likelihood that hip replacement will be needed (or at least postponed). Discern which treatment modalities, short of hip replacement, will provide the most benefit to potential patients.
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- A powerful search that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the textGenre: MedicalSub-Genre: OrthopedicsFormat: PaperbackPublisher: Lippincott Williams & WilkinsAuthor: John J. Callaghan & John Clohisy & Paul Beaule & Craig Dellavalle & Aaron G. RosenbergLanguage: EnglishStreet Date: November 6, 2015TCIN: 50504810UPC: 9781496321961Item Number (DPCI): 248-07-6196