Advanced Engineering Mathematics offers:
- Everything you need to know to pass your exams
- A unique interactive approach which leads you through the mathematics in a highly accessible way
- Hundreds of worked examples and progressively more challenging exercises
- And is ideal either as part of a course or for self-study
New to this edition:
- Improved presentation of various elements in Introduction to invariant linear systems, in Power series solutions of ordinary differential equations, and in Systems of ordinary differential equations
- Major addition of four new Programmes: Direction fields, Phase plane analysis, Non-linear systems and Dynamical systems.
- Full use of computer software to optimize objective functions in Optimization and linear programming
For lecturers: PowerPoint slides to accompany each Programme on our companion website at www.macmillanihe.com/stroud
K.A. STROUD was Principal Lecturer in the Department of Mathematics at Coventry University, UK. He is also the author of Foundation Mathematics and Engineering Mathematics, companion volumes to this book.
DEXTER J. BOOTH was Principal Lecturer at the School of Computing and Engineering at the University of Huddersfield, UK. He is the author of several mathematics textbooks and is co-author of Foundation Mathematics and Engineering Mathematics.