product description page
Advances in Information Retrieval : 38th European Conference on Ir Research, Ecir 2016, Padua, Italy,
about this item
This book constitutes the proceedings of the 38th European Conference on IR Research, ECIR 2016, held in Padua, Italy, in March 2016. The 42 full papers, 28 poster papers. $ workshops and 4 tutorials papers and 6 demonstrations presented together with 3 keynotes in this volume were carefully reviewed and selected from 284 submissions.
ECIR provides a wide range of folliwjng topics: social context and news, machine learning, question answering, ranking, evaluation methodology, probalistic modeling, evaluation issues, multimedia and collaborative filtering and many more.
Additionally, ECIR 2016 hosted 4 tutorials and 4 workshops covering a range of information retrieval topics.
The workshops were:
- 3rd International Workshop on Bibliometric-enhanced Information Retrieval (BIR2016);
-1st International Workshop on Modeling, Learning and Mining for
Cross/Multilinguality (MultiLingMine 2016);
-ProActive Information Retrieval: Anticipating Users' Information Needs (ProAct IR);
-1st International Workshop on Recent Trends in News Information Retrieval (NewsIR'16).
The following ECIR 2016 tutorials were selected:
- Collaborative Information Retrieval: Concepts, Models and Evaluation;
- Group Recommender Systems: State of the Art, Emerging Aspects and Techniques,
and Research Challenges;
- Living Labs for Online Evaluation: From Theory to Practice (LiLa2016);
- Real-Time Bidding based Display Advertising: Mechanisms and Algorithms (RTBMA 2016).
Genre: Computers + Internet
Sub-Genre: Data Processing / Storage + Retrieval
Series Title: Information Systems and Applications, Incl. Internet/web, and Hci
Publisher: Springer Verlag
Street Date: March 11, 2016
Item Number (DPCI): 248-18-1345