product description page
Africa's Insurgents : Navigating an Evolving Landscape - (Hardcover)
About this item
Amid an array of shifting national, regional, and global forces, how have African insurgents managed to adapt and survive? And what differences and similarities can be found, both among the continent's diverse rebellions and guerilla movements and between them and movements elsewhere in the world? Addressing these issues, the authors of Africa's Insurgents explore how new groups are emerging and existing ones changing in response to an evolving landscape.Contents:
- The Evolving Landscape of African Insurgencies—K.C. Dunn and M. Bøås.
- Radicalized Youth: Oppositional Poses and Positions—M. Utas and H. Vigh.
- Gendered Dynamics of Armed Insurgencies—M.E. Baaz.
- Secessionist Conflicts and New States—R. Walker.
- Central African Republic: Rebellion and International Intervention—L. Lombard.
- Democratic Republic of Congo: The Democratization of Militarized Politics—K. Vlassenroot and J. Verweijen.
- Kenya: Al Shabaab's Regional Campaign—K. Menkhaus and M.W. Gore.
- Mali: Islam, Arms, and Money—M. Bøås.
- Nigeria: The Adaptability of the Boko Haram Rebellion—I.A.N. Dele-Adedeji.
- Somalia: Al Shabaab and the Accidental Jihadists—S.J. Hansen.
- South Sudan: Violence as Politics—A. Walraet.
- Uganda: The Longevity of the Lord’s Resistance Army—K.C. Dunn.
- Africa's Insurgents in Comparative Perspective—M. Bøås and K.C. Dunn.
Number of Pages: 285
Genre: Political Science
Sub-Genre: Africa, History
Publisher: Lynne Rienner Pub
Street Date: April 27, 2017
Item Number (DPCI): 248-42-4127
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.