About this item
Air Cargo and Logistics: Classics and Contemporary Practice presents a thorough and detailed analysis of the most relevant research and literature related to the industry. The book examines critical management practices and business models, synthesizing findings from more than 40 journal articles. Topics reflect traditional management issues, such as pricing and economic deregulation, along with more contemporary issues, such as the environment, sustainability, security and air cargo alliances. Each chapter breaks down studied literature and research, reviewing key concepts and their application to today’s air cargo industry and presenting key terms, models and case studies related to the research.
The book is ideal for readers of all levels, no matter their career level or stage of education. Researchers, academics, and practitioners, including air cargo airline employees, freight forwarders, integrators, consultants, financers, airport management, and policymakers will find the comprehensive review of research a valuable reference on the topic.
- Focuses on air cargo and logistics and issues facing the industry
- Provides a detailed analysis on the leading research and literature on air cargo, making it accessible to researchers, academics, students and industry practitioners
- Features a comprehensive review of the key concepts, terms, selective case studies and models covered in leading air cargo research
- Presents insights into recent air cargo trends related to concepts featured in foundational literature and research
- Explains, in layman’s terms, how key concepts can be applied to the industry’s current challenges