product description page
Allum's Antiques Almanac 2016 : An Annual Compendium of Stories and Facts from the World of Art and
About this item
From author and BBC Antiques Roadshow specialist (as seen on PBS) Marc Allum comes the second instalment of his annual almanac.
- What do London Bridge and a $60,000 corkscrew have in common?
- Which pop star depicted by Andy Warhol realized $78 million at a recent auction?
- Which Hollywood film led to the recovery of a Hungarian avant garde masterpiece?
- What would a collector pay for the real Batmobile?
- Why did a four centimetre high portrait of Mozart sell for $330,415?
Answers to these and many other fascinating questions make this the essential guide this autumn for fans of art, antiques, and collectables.