product description page
Along Interstate 75 : The "Must-have" Guide for Your Drive to and from Florida (Paperback) (Dave Hunter)
About this item
A travel guide, with colored 25 mile stripmaps and a mile-by-mile travelog, for I-75, the Midwestern state's popular snowbird route, between Detroit and the Florida border. This very unusual book provides everything the novice or experienced traveler needs to enjoy this long journey.
Local knowledge helps the traveler feel in control and comfortable on the road. "Insider Tips" save money and reveal those hidden places only the local folk know. The typically 3-day journey becomes an entertaining adventure, and time passes quickly when you are having fun.
Dave's "current edition" website keeps the book updated with major changes, during its shelf life.
- Markets - Seasonal: The snowbird season starts in early November and typically finishes after Spring Break, in April.
- Markets - Regional: Midwestern communities within one hundred miles of the the I-75 corridor - Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee & Georgia. January to April: Florida, for those returning north.
Marketing & Publicity
Author Dave Hunter has been writing his I-75 books since 1992. Updated every two years, he is well known to the media community and carries media credentials issued by a number of major travel journalist organizations. He has become branded as the "go to" person for anything related to snowbird travel and Florida. All his media mentions are (positive) editorial.
- Comp copies sent to Midwestern/I-75 corridor major media in publication years.
- Numerous print media articles, radio & TV guest appearances over the years.
- For sixteen years, annual entertainment host for the two-day consumer Snowbird Extravaganza show, held in Lakeland, Florida, each January (15,000 attendees/day).
- Regular drive-to-Florida snowbird columnist for the CSA News (circ. 100,000).
- Dave's unusual I-75 vehicle (gold Infiniti QX4) has been seen on many TV networks. B-roll footage is often used with voice-over, on autumn snowbird news segments.
- Entrepreneur of the Year award - Board of Trade
- Travel Book of the Year award - Foreword Magazine
- Certificate of Merit - Writer's Digest, Cincinnati,
- Excellence in Book Design - Alcuin Society, Canada