product description page
America Invents Act 2016 : Law & Analysis (Paperback)
about this item
The Leahy-Smith America Invents Act was signed into law on September 16, 2011, and made the most sweeping changes to the U.S. patent law in nearly 60 years. America Invents Act: Law and Analysis, 2016 Edition is the definitive, must-have resource to ensure understanding of and compliance with the America Invents Act .
Authored by top U.S. patent law firm Foley and Lardner, this title presents a definitive explanation of the new patent reform legislation. The authors bring clarity to the complex and confusing provisions of the America Invents Act, as well as insight into how the Act could be interpreted.
America Invents Act: Law and Analysis is the most invaluable resource to help you:
- Understand the implications of the new patent reform act through clear and straightforward explanations
- Quickly find the correct effective date for important changes in the law
- Gain practical guidance on how the Act may be interpreted so you can anticipate how the Act may affect your client
America Invents Act: Law and Analysis, 2016 Edition dissects and analyses the major impacts for patent practitioners, including the switch to a and#8220;first-to-fileand#8221; jurisdiction and the new post-grant review process. Highlights of this new edition include:
- A new section on miscellaneous provisions regarding derivation proceedings including public availability of board records, correction of inventorship, oral hearing, page limits, discovery and pro hoc vice .
- In depth discussion of the USPTO's final rules of practice relating to the inventorand#8217;s oath or declaration provisions of the AIA.
- A new section on the four final rules packages implementing inter partes and post-grant review.