product description page
Analysis of Energy Systems : Management, Planning, and Policy (Paperback)
about this item
The analysis of energy systems is of paramount importance in modern societies, since it is fundamental to guarantee a sustainable economic development. It combines technical and economic research with a specific focus on quantitative modelling, in order to optimize the modalities of energy demand and supply globally.
The book covers major advanced topics related to the analysis of energy by considering different aspects, namely management, planning and policies. The most recent trends, such as smart grids, transition from fossil fuels to renewables based energy systems and distributed generation, are also discussed in this book. Intended to be a collection of various contributions from experts all around the world, it includes latest research results, innovations and methodologies about the analysis of energy systems. The book also focuses to contribute to the current debate related to the evolution of energy systems, by discussing in an open way the pro’s and con’s without any pre-constitute point of view. Title is aimed to be a reference for the academic community, students and professionals with a wider interdisciplinary background.
- Presents integration of renewable sources with conventional energy systems.
- Topic is addressed from a multidisciplinary point of view, i.e. economy, technical, modelling, planning.
- Investigates management and planning aspects of future energy supplies.
- Multidimensional nature of energy systems is highlighted and discussed.
- Contributes towards implementing policy measures to reduce primary energy consumptions and carbon footprint.