About this item
Written by a museum professional and based on a course taught for many years, The Anatomy of a Museum is an engaging and accessible volume that provides a unique insider’s guide to what museums are and how they operate.
- An insider’s view of the rarefied world of the museum that provides a refreshing and unique account of the reality of the workings of museum life
- The material has been successfully tested in a course that the author has taught for 14 years
- Miller has extensive experience at all levels of museum work, from painting walls for exhibitions to museum directorship
- Clearly and engagingly written, the book covers all the component parts and various disciplines of museum operations, and opinions and perspectives are drawn from a deep knowledge of the field
- Includes useful pedagogical material, including questions, discussion topics, and a range of anecdotes
Number of Pages: 277
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc
Author: Steven Miller
Street Date: October 2, 2017
Item Number (DPCI): 248-31-9134
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.