About this item
Using an approach that is geared toward developing solid, logical habits in dissection and identification, the Laboratory Manual for Anatomy & Physiology, 10th Edition presents a series of 55 exercises for the lab - all in a convenient modular format. The exercises include labeling of anatomy, dissection of anatomic models and fresh or preserved specimens, physiological experiments, and computerized experiments. This practical, full-color manual also includes safety tips, a comprehensive instruction and preparation guide for the laboratory, and tear-out worksheets for each exercise. Updated lab tests align with what is currently in use in today's lab setting, and brand new histology, dissection, and procedures photos enrich learning. Enhance your laboratory skills in an interactive digital environment with eight simulated lab experiences - eLabs.
- Eight interactive eLabs further your laboratory experience in an interactive digital environment.
- Labeling exercises provide opportunities to identify critical structures examined in the lab and lectures; and coloring exercises offer a kinesthetic experience useful in retention of content.
- User-friendly spiral binding allows for hands-free viewing in the lab setting.
- Step-by-step dissection instructions with accompanying illustrations and photos cover anatomical models and fresh or preserved specimens - and provide needed guidance during dissection labs. The dissection of tissues, organs, and entire organisms clarifies anatomical and functional relationships.
- 250 illustrations, including common histology slides and depictions of proper procedures, accentuate the lab manual's usefulness by providing clear visuals and guidance.
- Easy-to-evaluate, tear-out Lab Reports contain checklists, drawing exercises, and questions that help you demonstrate your understanding of the labs you have participated in. They also allow instructors to efficiently check student progress or assign grades.
- Learning objectives presented at the beginning of each exercise offer a straightforward framework for learning.
- Content and concept review questions throughout the manual provide tools for you to reinforce and apply knowledge of anatomy and function.
- Complete lists of materials for each exercise give you and your instructor a thorough checklist for planning and setting up laboratory activities, allowing for easy and efficient preparation.
- Modern anatomical imaging techniques, such as computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and ultrasonography, are introduced where appropriate to give future health professionals a taste for - and awareness of - how new technologies are changing and shaping health care.
- Boxed hints throughout provide you with special tips on handling specimens, using equipment, and managing lab activities.