product description page
Anderson Township - (Images of America) (Paperback)
about this item
Anderson was established as a township in Hamilton County in 1793, a decade before Ohio became a state. Arriving in the 1790s and early 1800s, early settlers were able to purchase tracts of land suitable for family farms, orchards, and vineyards. Into the early 1900s, Anderson remained a farming community, growing slowly. Railroads introduced into the area in the 1870s offered new opportunities for commerce. Travel along the bordering Ohio and Little Miami Rivers fostered business and recreational activities. The natural beauty of the area attracted families looking for healthy country living. This photographic history of the agriculture, businesses, homes, schools, churches, and other community resources of the area shows how Anderson developed. Many of the amenities residents cherish have their origins in Anderson’s early history. Today, Anderson is one of the most desirable places to live and work in the region.