product description page
Annise Tree 2.25gal U.S.D.A. Hardiness Zones 7-10 - 1pc - Cottage Hill
About this item
- Your order contains (1) Anise Tree in a 2.25 gallon pot and a detailed planting guide.
- Tolerates heavy shade, erosion, and wet soil.
- Small yellow flowers open atop olive-green foliage and emit a licorice-like scent.
- Best suited for USDA hardiness zones 7-10, but will perform well in colder zones with proper winter protection.
- Prefers part shade to full shade.
- Mature size is 10' to 15' tall and 6' to 10' wide.
Native to the United States, the Anise Tree features a rounded shape and olive-green foliage that emits a spicy aroma when crushed. Its small yellow-green flowers emerge in late spring, followed by unusual star-shaped seed pods. Because its suckering roots anchor into shallow soil surfaces, the Anise Tree is ideal for controlling erosion in problem areas. Its attractive, scented foliage makes a delightful impression in shade gardens, boggy areas, hedges, shrub borders, and privacy screens.
Approx Max Plant Height: 15 feet
Container Material: Plastic
Light Condition Required: Shade
Plant Variety: Anise
Item Number (DPCI): 009-08-0846
Origin: Made in the USA
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.