About this item
The problem of serious mental illness is a widely discussed topic in the media and popular culture. This text provides a comprehensive analysis of antipsychotic medications, covering historical, social, and scientific viewpoints on this important and controversial class of medications.
• Covers the class of antipsychotic medications in whole, addressing topics ranging from the medications' history and the science of how they actually work in the body to the social and legal implications of antipsychotics
• Provides readers with a holistic understanding of an increasingly important class of medications in an accessible format
• Presents an unbiased perspective on a class of medications that have been subject to controversy
• Serves both as an authoritative reference book for students and as a useful source of practical information that will appeal to a general adult audience
• Includes primary source documents that offer additional insights and spur critical thinking