product description page
Application of Thermo-fluidic Measurement Techniques : An Introduction (Paperback) (Tongbeum Kim &
About this item
Thermo-fluidic Measurement Techniques introduces essential measurement techniques in heat transfer and aerodynamics. In addition to a brief but physically elaborate description of principles of each technique, multiple examples for each technique are included. These examples elaborate all the necessary details of (a) test setups, (b) calibration, (c) data acquisition procedure, and (d) data interpretation with comments on the limitations of each technique and how to avoid mistakes, based on the authors’ experience.
The authors have different expertise in convection heat transfer and aerodynamics and have collaborated on various research projects that employ a variety of experimental techniques. Each author has a different view and approach to individual experimental techniques but these views complement each other to give to new users of each technique a rounded view.
With the introduction of this valuable reference book, the reader can quickly learn both the overall and detailed aspects of each experimental technique and then apply these to their own work.
- Contains basic principles and also fundamental, physical descriptions
- Provides examples that demonstrate how each experimental technique can be used for industrial testing and academic research in heat transfer and aerodynamics, rather than principles of each technique only
- Includes practical and in-depth examples for each technique, with comments on each experimental technique based on the authors’ experiences, including limitations, trial errors with some examples of data interpretation
- Combines classical techniques in aerodynamics and conduction/convection heat transfer with modern, cutting edge approaches
- Collates the information about various pointwise and whole field velocity and thermal measurement techniques in a single resource