product description page
Applications in High Resolution Mass Spectrometry : Food Safety and Pesticide Residue Analysis
About this item
Applications of High Resolution Mass Spectrometry: Pesticide Residue Analysis in Food is the first book to offer complete coverage of all aspects of high resolution mass spectrometry (HRMS) used for the analysis of pesticide residue in food. Aimed at researchers and graduate students in food safety, toxicology, and analytical chemistry, the book equips readers with foundational knowledge of HRMS, including established and state-of-the-art principles and analysis strategies. Additionally, it provides a roadmap for implementation, including discussions of the latest instrumentation and software available.
Detailed coverage is given to the application of HRMS coupled to ultra high-performance liquid chromatography (UHPLC-HRMS) in the analysis of pesticide residue in fruits and vegetables and food from animal origin. The book also discusses extraction procedures and the challenges of sample preparation, gas chromatography coupled to high resolution mass spectrometry, flow injection-HRMS, ambient ionization, and identification of pesticide transformation products in food. Responding to the fast development and application of these new procedures, this book is an essential resource in the food safety field.
- Arms researchers with an in-depth resource devoted to the rapid advances in HRMS tools and strategies for pesticide residue analysis in food
- Provides a complete overview of analytical methodologies and applications of HRMS, including UHPLC-HRMS, HRMS coupled with time of flight (TOF) and/or GC-Orbitrap, and flow injection-HRMS
- Discusses the current international regulations and legislation related to the use of HRMS in pesticide residue analysis
- Features a chapter on the hardware and software available for HRMS implementation
- Offers separate chapters on HRMS applied to pesticide residue analysis in fruits and vegetables and in food from animal origin