product description page
Aprn’s Complete Guide to Prescribing Pediatric Drug Therapy 2019 - by Mari J. Wirfs (Paperback)
About this item
A compendium of prescribing information for more than 450 diagnoses!
Organized alphabetically by diagnosis for speedy access to essential information, this point-of-care prescribing resource is designed for advanced health care providers in all settings involved in the primary care management of newborns through adolescents. Encompasses pharmacotherapy regimens for more than 450 clinical diagnoses. To ensure continual access to up-to-date information, the purchase of the print format includes a free ebook updated three times a year.
Key clinical information, including lab values to monitor, patient teaching points, and safety information for parents and caregivers, is highlighted throughout. For each diagnosis, appropriate drug choices are listed alphabetically by generic name, with updated info on FDA pregnancy categories, generic and over-the-counter availability, pediatric dosing regimens, brand names, dose forms, contraindications, and more. Additionally, the book includes a cross-reference index of drugs by generic and brand names. Information delivered in convenient table format includes 35 appendices for quick access to drug information, measurement conversions, childhood immunization records, and dosing by weight.
- Organized by more than 450 clinical diagnoses with drug regimens for each
- Includes pediatric dosage and available forms
- Highlights lab values to monitor, patient education points, and safety information
- Index cross-references generic and trade names
- Offers information in convenient table format including childhood immunization schedule and more
- Provides appendix of tables for quick access to drug classifications
- Includes digital updates three times a year, upon registration