product description page
Arab-Israeli Conflict : An Introduction and Documentary Reader - by Gregory S. Mahler (Hardcover)
About this item
The Arab-Israeli conflict has been one of the most protracted and contentious disputes in modern history. This wide-ranging textbook examines the diplomatic and historical setting within which the conflict developed, from both the Israeli and Palestinian perspectives, and gives a comprehensive overview of the peace process. The new edition includes a fully revised and updated introduction and a wider selection of documents up to the first year of the Trump presidency.
Enabling students to easily access and study original documents through the supportive framework of a textbook, The Arab-Israeli Conflict:
- presents over eighty of the most important and widely cited documents in the history of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- presents these documents in an edited form to highlight key elements
- includes an introductory chapter which sets the context for the study of the history of the area
- covers a comprehensive historical period, ranging from the 19th Century to the present day
- incorporates a wide range of pedagogical aids: original documents, maps and boxed sections.
This important textbook is an essential aid for courses on the Arab-Israeli conflict and the Middle East peace process, and will be an invaluable reference tool for all students of political science, Middle East studies and history.